The OPTi Technologies FireBridge II chip offers a low-cost PCI
bridging solution that is ideal for:
- PCI expansion
- Multi-function PCI cards
- Hot plug PCI
- Notebook docking applications
- Cascade bridging
With its integrated FIFOs, the FireBridge II chip provides a truly high-performance
PCI-PCI bridging solution with distinct and independent primary and secondary bus operation.
This separation allows the buses to run at different voltages and even different
frequencies. Moreover, it allows attachment of devices to the secondary bus while
the host system is operational, an ideal "hot plug" solution.
The FireBridge II solution additionally provides the capability of graceful recovery
from failed attachment or malfunctioning peripheral devices, avoiding system crashes.
- 32 bits - 33Mhz Primary bus
- 33MHz or 16MHz Secondary bus operation
- Driver support under Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows 2000
- Linux support in embedded applications
- Small form factor 144-pin LQFP packaging
Best of all, the FireBridge II chip costs significantly less than competitive PCI-PCI
bridge solutions - now under $6 in OEM quantities.